Registration: Beit Sefer Phyllis Mintzer
Registration for 2020-2021 is Now Open
This year we are leaning into community connection, sacred ritual, and the joy of playful learning online. We will gather as a learning community through Zoom, on Saturday mornings, on this schedule:
1. From 9:30 – 10:00 am: Opening circle.
2. From 10:00 – 10:30 am: Grade-level sessions for children in 3rd grade and above. During this time, children from K-2nd grade will have the choice to:
- Book an individualized online session (one or two children per educator). The children will be able to pick from a menu of topics.
- Engage in off-screen learning. The children will be led by family members or may work independently. Families can also choose to do this portion of the program another time during the week, and we will create opportunities for the children to share their work. To facilitate the engagement, families will receive a learning box every month, each carefully designed to help your children wonder, make, practice, discuss and play!
3. From 10:30 – 10:45 am: Closing circle to reconvene, reflect and break a virtual challah.
The program begins on Saturday, October 17, 2020, and as the year progresses, we will provide additional learning opportunities, such as online family events, creative home projects and small outdoor meet-ups.
Children in grades 5-7th will have one-2-one Hebrew instruction also through Zoom. Tutors will begin scheduling these sessions starting the week of September 8.
New and returning families, please register here
Early registration supports our planning process, however, new students are welcome anytime throughout the school year.
Questions or ideas?
If you have questions about the content or format of the program, want to meet about your child, or would love to “test drive” Beit Sefer in the fall before committing, please be in contact with Director of Education Sue Bojdak today.